The Library | Easy Home Decoration Ideas | Beautiful And Gorgeous Decor – The Vintage Woman.
The walls of the library should be hung with rich, dark colors, the latest style in wall paper being a black ground with old gold and olive-green designs.
The carpet comes in Pompeiian red, with moss-green and peacock-blue patterns. Statuary and the best pictures should find a place in the library. The library table should be massive and the top laid with crimson baize.
There should be a few high-backed chairs, upholstered in leather, a reading-chair, soft rugs, foot-rests, a mantel mirror, a few mantel ornaments, and the piece de resistance—the bookcase.
In large libraries the bookcases are built in the wall. It is quite in vogue to hang curtains on rods in front of bookcases instead of doors, but we think the old style is the best, inasmuch as the books may be seen and the glass doors exclude the dust.
Heavy curtains of raw silk, Turcoman, and canton flannel, with a full valance at the top, are used for the window drapery.
Excerpt From The Ladies Book Of Useful Information.
You Might Also Like:
- For A Happy And Successful Marriage That Will Last And Survive The Storms Of Life You Need This – The Vintage Woman
- Shelter| Vertical Worship | Praise And Worship
- This Blood | Rita Springer | Praise And Worship
- Consuming Fire | Jimmy D Psalmist | Praise And Worship
- Quick Products You Can Use Naturally At Home To Get White, Healthy | Teeth, Gums, Dental Cavities – The Vintage Woman
Also published on Medium.