Spiritual Benefits And Positive Effects Of A Good Fire That Is Holy And Righteous.
For a long time we have been taught that fire is mostly a bad thing because it burns and causes destruction. If one of your body parts gets burnt, you will feel the pain. And in extreme cases you will need a plastic surgeon to fix you up.
Going by the California fires that have been doing the rounds for years, burning homes and rendering people homeless, there is no argument that fire can leave behind devastating effects in it’s wake.
And yet, Hebrews 12:29 tells us that;
“For our God is a consuming fire.”
God is a consuming fire. God burns things up. It’s a difficult concept to try understanding. Does this mean God is bad? Most certainly not! God is holy and there is no evil or bad in him. This can therefore only mean that fire while it burns can also be good. But fire only becomes a good thing when God is in it. There are many instances in the Bible where God appears as fire or in a fire. And in all those varied instances, fire does good.
God appears to Moses in the burning bush on holy ground and says he is “I AM WHO IAM” as he prepares Moses to go on a journey of rescuing the Israelites from captivity and bondage. That is a very good thing.
Then the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire within a bush. As Moses looked, he saw that the bush was on fire but was not consumed. 3 So Moses thought: I must go over and look at this remarkable sight. Why isn’t the bush burning up? 4 When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called out to him from the bush, “Moses, Moses!” “Here I am,” he answered. 5 “Do not come closer,” He said. “Remove the sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.”Exodus 3:2-5
God appears as a pillar of fire by night to provide light and protection to the children of Israel while they are in the desert.
And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so as to go by day and night. 22 He did not take away the pillar of cloud by day or the pillar of fire by night from before the people.Exodus 13:21-22
God appears as fire from heaven and burns up the offering that the righteous Prophet of God, Elijah has prepared while he is facing off with the Prophets of Baal and Asherah. A great miracle that caused many Israelites to turn back to Jehovah.
Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that You are the Lord God, and that You have turned their hearts back to You again.”1 Kings 18:37-39
38 Then the fire of the Lord fell and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood and the stones and the dust, and it licked up the water that was in the trench. 39 Now when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces; and they said, “The Lord, He is God! The Lord, He is God!”
God appears in the fire with the three Hebrew children when they were thrown in the fiery furnace by King Nebuchadnezzar and he stands with them in the fire causing them to be rescued.
And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.Daniel 3:23-26
24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished; and he rose in haste and spoke, saying to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the midst of the fire?” They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.” 25 “Look!” he answered, “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.” 26 Then Nebuchadnezzar went near the mouth of the burning fiery furnace and spoke, saying, “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, servants of the Most High God, come out, and come here.” Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego came from the midst of the fire.
In the New Testament book of Hebrews he is a consuming fire. Coming to renew us and make us pure. Burning away our sin, iniquity and transgressions so that we can shine and glow as refined silver and gold.
“For our God is a consuming fire.”Hebrews 12:29
When God is in the fire, fire turns from a bad thing to a good thing. From a destructive force to a redemptive force. From a painful experience to a pleasurable experience.
- Are you going through fire right now? Call on the consuming fire Jesus Christ to come and be with you in the fire and see your situation change.
- Is there sin and iniquity in your life right now? Call on the refiners fire to come and burn away the sin and iniquity in your life and make you pure.
- Is your life dark right now? Call on the fire of the Lord Jesus to come and illuminate the dark places in your life and make them glow.
- Do you have food or an offering and need it cooked and well prepared so that it is holy and pleasing? Call on Jesus the consuming fire to come and cook what needs to be cooked and make it delicious.
A fire without God and righteousness in it destroys as was seen in Sodom and Gomorrah. And yet fire with God in it offers life. Fire with God in it is a good thing. Let your faith and life be ignited by Jesus.
You Might Also Like:
- California Thomas Fire, It’s Prophetic And Biblical Significance – The Book Of Amos – Harbingers Of The End Times
- Unique And Uncommon Gifts – 10 Dollars And Under – With Free Shipping
- Spiritual Revival And Renewal Is Coming To California – Faith – Powerful Stories
- Absolutely Cute And Gorgeous Items – 10 Dollars And Under – With Free Shipping
- Questions And Answers About Unmerited, Undeserved Favor – Grace – A Quality Of Jesus Christ
- For A New Experience, Listen To Music Using Solar Powered All Weather Speakers – Praise And Worship