Sometimes Not Sharing Is Caring And Wise – Life Lessons From The Ten Virgins – Parable.
Most of us have heard the catch phrase, “Sharing is caring.” But is this always true? Well, the parable of the ten virgins as told by Matthew says otherwise. Sometimes not sharing is actually caring. Especially if your sharing causes another person pain or put’s them in harm’s way.
We can take the simple example of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs). Would sharing a STD/STI with another person be caring? Of course not. What about sharing drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, porn and other wicked materials with other people. Is that caring? Certainly not.
If sharing causes more harm than good, (even when the harm is to self), then that sharing is not caring.
In addition to not sharing being wise sometimes, below are other lessons we can pick from the parable of the ten virgins.
- There are two types of believers. Foolish believers and wise believers.
- The oil in this parable can mean a number of things. One of those things is the Holy Spirit.
- Wise believers are filled with the Holy Spirit. They live in the spirit and not in the flesh.
- Foolish believers, believe in Jesus but they are not led or filled with the Holy spirit. They live carnally.
- Wise believers are a light in a dark world.
- The journey of faith requires endurance and stamina because Jesus may be long in coming. (But he will definitely come because the scriptures are true and they don’t lie).
- Jesus is going to come at any time. We should always be ready awaiting his return.
- This is one of those few times when not sharing is a wise and smart move contrary to popular teachings. If the wise virgins had shared the little oil they had, they would have foolishly perished.
- There is great and glorious banquet ready for Jesus’s Elect. We have something to hope for. We don’t labor for the good news of the gospel in vain.
- Salvation will not always be available. Someday, it will be too late to enter the kingdom of God. It is therefore wise to wash our garments clean, repent and live for Jesus while we still have time.
- Being a believer is not a guarantee that Jesus knows you. Only being a true believer in Jesus guarantees that he knows you.
- Always be watchful, sober and awake so that you don’t miss heaven and Jesus.
The Parable Of The Ten Virgins:
“At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2. Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3. The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4. The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5. The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
- “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’ 7. “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8. The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’ 9. “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’ 10. “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut. 11. “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’ 12. “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’ 13. “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.
You Might Also Like:
- The Nature Of God – Life Lessons From The Net – Parable
- Daily Finances And Business – Life Lessons From The Hidden Treasure And Pearl – Parable
- Your Heart Is A Garden, Please Guard It – Life Lessons From The Tenets – Parable
Also published on Medium.