Quick Tips On Different Types Of Homemade Powders And Their Uses – The Vintage Woman.
Powders and their uses.
The powders usually sold by druggists are injurious to the complexion, owing to harmful ingredients. If a powder is perfectly pure, a moderate use of it will not harm the complexion, but if it is impure it soon causes the face to turn sallow and yellow. The following is perfectly pure, and is a splendid article, giving a lovely, refined complexion.
Boston Burnet Powder for the Face.
Five cents’ worth of bay rum, five cents’ worth of magnesia snowflake, five cents’ worth of bergamot, five cents’ worth oil of lemon; mix in a pint bottle and fill up with rain water. Perfectly harmless, and splendid.
Queen Bess Complexion Wash.
Put in a vial one dram of benzoin gum in powder, one dram nutmeg oil, six drops of orange-blossom tea or apple blossoms; put in half a pint of rain water, and boiled down to a spoonful, and strained; one-pint of sherry wine.
Bathe the face morning and night; it will remove all flesh-worms and freckles, and give a beautiful complexion. Or, put one ounce of powdered gum benzoin in a pint of whisky. To use: Put in water in washbowl till it is milky.
Black specks on the nose disfigure the face. Remove by washing thoroughly in tepid water, rubbing with a towel, and applying with a soft flannel a lotion made of three ounces of cologne and half an ounce of liquor of potash.
To whiten the skin and remove freckles and tan.
Bathe three times a day in a preparation of three quarts water, one quart alcohol, two ounces of cologne and one of borax, in proportion of two teaspoons mixture to two tablespoons soft water.
Excerpt From The Ladies Book Of Useful Information.
- Halls Of Heaven | Chris Quilala | Jesus Culture | Praise And Worship
- What Was The Human Relationship Of Jesus Christ To God – Spiritual Reading
- Should Forgiveness Of Sins Go With Repentance – Spiritual Reading
- Prayer | Where Does Your Righteousness Come From | Building Faith, Hope, Love | A Simple 7 Day Bible Reading Devotional Based On Hebrews 10 – 23 – 39
- Reflections | Where Does Your Righteousness Come From | Building Faith, Hope, Love | A Simple 7 Day Bible Reading Devotional Based On Hebrews 10 – 23 – 39
Also published on Medium.