Quick Hacks You Can Use To Manage Menopause | Cessation Of Menses | Change Of Life | With Natural Products At Home – The Vintage Woman.
Cessation Of The Menses – Menopause — Change Of Life
By the phrase, “change of life,” or, the critical period, we understand the final cessation, or stoppage, of the menses. It usually takes place between the ages of forty and fifty, although in some cases it may occur as early as thirty, and in others not until sixty.
However, we can expect the change about the forty-fifth year. The symptoms will vary according to the constitution of the woman. In some the change occurs by the discharge gradually diminishing in quantity; in others, by the intervals between the periods being lengthened.
A woman may pass this period without having any more unpleasant symptoms than an occasional rush of blood to the head, or a headache. Others, however, may have very severe symptoms arise, which will require the care of an intelligent physician.
These disagreeable sensations should receive a careful consideration and not be hushed up with the reply that these complaints arise from the “change of life” and will vanish whenever that change takes place. The foundation of serious trouble may be laid which will make the remainder of her existence a burden and cut short a life which might have been conducted to a good old age.
While this change is in progress, in probably the majority of cases there is more or less disturbance of the health. It is sometimes quite impossible to say exactly what is the trouble with the patient, except that she is out of health.
The following are some of the symptoms which may arise: Headache, dizziness, biliousness, sour stomach, indigestion, diarrhea, piles, costiveness, itching of the private parts, cramp and colic of the bowels, palpitation of the heart, swelling of the limbs and abdomen, pains in the back and loins, paleness and general weakness.
Eat and drink moderately; sleep in airy, well-ventilated rooms; exercise daily in the open air, either by walking or riding; avoid violent emotions; shun exposure to wet, stormy weather, wet feet, etc.
Keep the bowels regulated with the following:
Mercurial pill, one grain; ipecac powder, one-half grain; compound rhubarb pill, three grains. Mix for a pill to be taken every night.
Or, one ounce of hicra picra, or powdered aloes with castella, mixed in a pint of gin, which should stand for four or five days, after which a tablespoonful in a glass of water may be taken every morning or second morning, as the case may be.
If the patient is large and fleshy, of full habit, the following is recommended:
Sulphate of magnesia, one and one-half ounces; compound infusion of roses, five ounces; cinnamon water, one ounce. Mix, Dose: Two tablespoonfuls once a day.
If there are nervous symptoms prominent, give valerianate of zinc, eight grains; tincture of valerian, two drams; orange flower water, three and a half ounces; syrup of red poppies, two drams.
Mix. Dose: A tablespoonful every six hours.
Excerpt From The Ladies Book Of Useful Information.
You Might Also Like:
- Easy Homemade Products For Beautiful, Gorgeous And Awesome | Mouth And Lips – The Vintage Woman
- Easy Homemade Washes And Cleansers For Different Facial Skin Conditions – The Vintage Woman
- Easy Tips For Improving Skin Complexion At Home – The Vintage Woman
- For A Happy And Successful Marriage That Will Last And Survive The Storms Of Life You Need This – The Vintage Woman
- Hair | Its Structure, Function, Growth, Beauty, Management – The Vintage Woman
- How To Get Light, Golden, Blond Hair Naturally At Home – The Vintage Woman
- How To Preserve, Regenerate And Strengthen Weak Hair Roots Naturally At Home – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Hacks You Can Use To Get Elegant, Beautiful, Healthy Hair With Natural Products At Home – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Homemade Product Recipes To Bleach And Purify The Skin Of The Face And Neck – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Homemade Product Recipes To Cure And Prevent Wrinkles – The Vintage Woman