Is Suffering And Punishment In Hell Eternal – Spiritual Reading.
Is future punishment everlasting?
Jesus Christ plainly taught that there was to be a literal hell and that this hell would be a place of conscious suffering, suffering far beyond that experienced by any one here in this present life, but we are faced by another question of great importance, Is this future, conscious suffering of the impenitent to be endless?
There are many who believe in future punishment of a very severe and awful character, and who indeed believe in a literal hell of awful, conscious suffering, but they deny, or at least doubt, that this future hell will be a place of endless, conscious suffering. Many of them admit and teach that the suffering may go on for a long time, and perhaps for thousands of years, but they hold that it will end at last and that all men will ultimately come to repentance, accept Jesus Christ, and be saved.
What is the exact truth about the matter? We cannot decide this by asking what the majority of supposedly reliable theologians believe, for majorities are often wrong and minorities are often right. Neither can we decide it by reasoning as to what such a being as God is must do.
No matter what the enemy throws at me, the fire of God’s word keeps me going! Hallelujah, Hallelujah. pic.twitter.com/Pgrv31wv3Z— Delano Wilson (@DelanoWilson3) January 13, 2019
It is impossible for finite and foolish men such as we are, and such as the wisest philosophers and theologians are, to judge what an Infinitely wise and Infinitely holy God must do. All reasonings by finite men as to what an Infinitely wise God must do are utterly futile and an utter waste of time. All we know about the future is what God has been pleased to tell us in His Word.
The Bible, as we have seen, is beyond a question the Word of God, and therefore what it has to say on this subject, or any other subject, is true and absolutely sure, and in a question of this character one ounce of God’s revelation is worth more than a thousand tons of man’s speculation. The whole question then is, what does the Bible teach in regard to this matter?
Excerpt From – The Fundamental Doctrines Of The Christian Faith By Reuben Archer Torrey.
You Might Also Like:
- Accept, I Pray, The Freewill Offerings Of My Mouth – Prayer Bible Verses
- For A New Experience, Listen To Music Using Solar Powered All Weather Speakers – Praise And Worship
- Jesus, Faith, Christianity, Religion And Spirituality Quotes – John Wesley
- Is Using Perfume Okay For Christians – Frankincense – Trendy, Fashionable, Stylish Designs For Godly Christians
- Finding Your Life’s Purpose, Vision And Mission
- Unique And Uncommon Gifts – 10 Dollars And Under – With Free Shipping
- Trust And Belief – Faith In Jesus Christ
- In Defense Of Pastors, Church Leaders, Musicians, Celebrities – Their Wealth And Prosperity
- Women Who Died For Love In The Bible, History, Mythology, Literature And Folklore
- Those Whom I Love I Rebuke And Discipline – Love Bible Verses
Also published on Medium.