Daily Finances And Business – Life Lessons From The Hidden Treasure And Pearl – Parable.
The parable of the hidden treasure and pearl is three short verses long and yet there is a lot it teaches on prudent living, faith, God, heaven, business, finance and investment. Reading it, the first lesson that immediately becomes obvious to me is what it teaches about the Kingdom of heaven and God. Many believers can testify about the many sacrifices they have made or the various comforts they have given up for the promise of a far greater and more precious treasure.
The Bible itself is also filled with many people like Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Moses, David etc who gave up the temporary for the permanent (Hebrews Chapter 11 provides more in-depth knowledge of this). As with many parables in the bible, we can glean more than one lesson from the same parable. From this particular parable, we can also glean wisdom and knowledge on how to manage our daily financial obligations in order to live victorious and prudent lives.
In this blog post, I delve into the wisdom this parable provides in how to manage our investments and business situations in the present world. Below, I collected a list of 17 business pearls from various experts in Finance which I believe correlates with the pearls of wisdom the parable of the hidden treasure and pearl provides. I would also love to hear from you. What lessons does this parable teach you?
“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. 45. “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. 46. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.Matthew 13:44-46
- “Sometimes the greatest investments are those that are undiscovered by Wall Street. Don’t be afraid to dust off your pencil and dig into a company’s financials, even if it boasts a small-cap valuation.” Sean Williams
- “Selling requires discipline, just like buying does” … Douglas Gerlach
- “Selling is not a dirty word” … Douglas Gerlach
- “Once you have established your investing budget and have learned the basics, it’s time to set your investing goal” … Investopedia
- “It is equally important to learn the costs of investing, as certain costs can cut into your investment returns” … Investopedia
- “Choose the investments that will become a part of your investment portfolio” … Investopedia
- “Don’t let fear or greed limit your returns or inflate your losses” … Investopedia
- “Think Long Term” … Steve Schaefer
- “Take advantage of “free money” from employer” … U.S Securities and Exchange Commission
- “Consider rebalancing portfolio occasionally” … U.S Securities and Exchange Commission
- “Only buy what you truly believe in” … Andrew Fiebert
- “Do your own research. People can recommend things, say whatever, it doesn’t matter. It’s your money and if you care at all for it you should do the research yourself” … Andrew Fiebert
- “I’ve made quite a lot of money in the stock market and I attribute it to two things: my willingness to take risks and my ability to hunt for great deals” … Andrew Fiebert
- “Winning teams do the little things right” … Kerry Close
- “Just as batters shouldn’t allow hecklers to throw them off their game, investors must be confident enough in their strategy to disregard what the peanut gallery has to say” … Kerry Close
- “Be prepared for any pitch that’s thrown at you” … Kerry Close
- “Save first, spend second. Many people save what is left over each month after paying bills and making purchases. Buffett recommends instead that you set a certain amount of money aside each month for savings, then spend the amount that is left” … Drew Hendricks
You Might Also Like:
- Money, Finances, Investment And Business Quotes – Billy Graham
- For A New Experience, Listen To Music Using Solar Powered All Weather Speakers – Praise And Worship
- The Nature Of God – Life Lessons From The Net – Parable
- Is Using Perfume Okay For Christians – Frankincense – Trendy, Fashionable, Stylish Designs For Godly Christians
- Does Money Answer All Things – The Bible And The Bitcoin Question
- Unique And Uncommon Gifts – 10 Dollars And Under – With Free Shipping
Also published on Medium.