Women Who Died For Love In The Bible, History, Mythology, Literature And Folklore.
Love! A verb, a noun, an emotion, a drug etc. It has been described in various ways. Can you die for love? Would you want someone who loves you to die for you? And is it better to die for love than to live for love is the question that first rang through my mind when I came across a friend’s Face Book status update that read something like?
Valentine died for love,
Romeo also died for love,
Jack in Titanic died for love,
Samson in the Bible died for love,
Greek Heroes Hercules & Achilles died for love.
Even Jesus Christ died for love!
Where are the women?
Don’t buy any woman a Valentines treat/Gift/Diamondring this year until she gives you at least 5 names of women who died for love … Because no woman would die for love… Wake up, guys…
After my rather innocent initial question to myself, my feminine side rose up with fury. Yes, friends! My feline, cat or whatever other animal description can be used side of me reared its stubborn head.
I angrily, muttered to myself, “I’m really tired of these one-sided narratives. It’s high time we started telling two sides of the story.” I love a challenge, therefore I decided to take on the challenge and went looking for those women who have died for love in History.
However, as I was searching, another question kept nagging my mind (Yes! I suffer from questioning things syndrome). When love is mentioned in this caption, is the author speaking of romantic love or the Biblical 1 Corinthians 13 kind of love?
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never fails.1 Corinthians 13:4-8
My quest to disprove the notion that women don’t die for love led me to research. And my search came up with these amazing, brave, bold and courageous women who went through great ordeals in the name of love. I hope each of their stories inspires us to love those in our lives better.
- Rachel Donelson Robards Jackson
- Elizabeth Fry “Betsy”
- Mary Mitchell Slessor
- Queen Victoria of the UK of Great Britain and Ireland
- Florence Nightingale “The Lady with the Lamp”
- Helen Adams Keller
- Inés de Castro
- Sati Devi, also known as Dakshayan
- Mumtaz Mahal “The elect of the palace”
- Diana Frances, “Princess of Wales”
- Benazir Bhutto
- Joan of Arc, “The Maid of Orléans”
- Mother Theresa
- Juliet Capulet
- Queen Boudicca, “Queen of the British Celtic”
- Rajendra Rajya Laxmi Devi, “Queen Rajendra of Nepal”
- Anne Boleyn, “The second wife of King Henry VIII”
- Heloise, “Nun, Writer, Scholar”
- Heer, “The lover of Ranjha from a Punjabi Love Story”
- Mirza Sahiba, “Folkore from Punjabi”
- Sohni Mahiwal, “Heroine from Punjab”
- Princess Iseult of Ireland
- Eurydice, “Wife of Orpheus”
- Draga Masin, “Queen Consort of Serbia”
- Bonnie Elizabeth Parker
- Margaretha Geertruida Zelle “Mata Hari”
- Marie Curie, “Scientist and Nobel Laureate”
- Queen Guinevere Pendragon, “Gwen”
- Mughal Princess Anarkali, Also known as “Nadira Begum”
- Thisbe, “Lover from Babylon”
- Leah, Wife Of Jacob
You might also Like:
- Men Who Died For Love In The Bible, History, Mythology, Literature And Folklore
- For A New Experience, Listen To Music Using Solar Powered All Weather Speakers – Praise And Worship
- Sex Makes Marriage Better | Spicing Up Marital Intimacy And Sexual Intercourse – The Vintage Woman
- Give Your Man The Gift Of Beauty – Take The Challenge Out Of Getting Him A Gift
- Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Love, Flirtation, Marriage, Monogamy And Affection – The Vintage Woman
- Unique And Uncommon Gifts – 10 Dollars And Under – With Free Shipping
- How To Make Your Marriage More Successful, Stronger And Healthier – Top Rated Books
- To Get Rid Of An Enemy One Must Love Him And Other Love Quotes – Leo Tolstoy
- Seed Of The Woman | Managing The Serpent Spirit | Feminism And Misogyny
- I Want Younger Women To Marry – Marriage Bible Verses