To Give Them Beauty For Ashes – Hope In Jesus Christ.
Sometime’s life burns us. Many of us walk through life burnt by our experiences.
- Sickness and disease.
- Death of loved ones.
- Loss of jobs and careers.
- Romantic relationships gone sore.
- Disappointments from family members.
- Betrayal from friends and family.
And as we go through life, many of carry our ashes in jars. We carry around our ashes in the form of pain and bitterness, not willing to let go. Despite all the pain, bitterness and ashes that we carry around, can we learn to find beauty in the ashes?
Can our ashes carry blessings despite their ugliness and dolor?
Many centuries before Jesus came to this Earth, the prophet Isaiah prophesied about Jesus, telling us what the ministry of the Messiah would be about:
“To console those who mourn in Zion,Isaiah 61:3
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”
And when Jesus came, he confirmed Isaiah’s words as told by the Apostle Luke:
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed MeLuke 4:18-22
To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; 19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.” 20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21 And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.” 22 So all bore witness to Him, and marveled at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said, “Is this not Joseph’s son?”
Even to this day, Jesus is still able to give us:
- Beauty for Ashes
- Plenty for Scarcity
- Pleasure for Pain
- Healing for Sickness
- Laughter for Sorrow
- Praise for Suffering
- Worship for Self-pity
- Blessings for Curses
Thank God, we can find beauty in our ashes. Katie Noah Gibson courageously shares her experiences in how she found blessings in the ashes.
“I flipped the kitchen calendar to April this weekend, as a mix of snow and sleet swirled down outside the windows. This wasn’t quite the April Fool’s blizzard of 20 years ago, but it was still a proper nor’easter: more like February than April. Both Nature’s clock and my internal one seem to be off……”
You can read the full story by clicking the link above.
You Might Also Like:
- God Will Open Your Closed Doors And Deliver Your Gifts In Difficult Times – Encouragement
- You Have Invisible Protection And Provisions Against Witches And The Wiles Of The Devil
- How We Change Our World And Society For Better – Faith In Jesus Christ
- When Christ Died On The Cross, Our Hopes Began – Hope, Assurance And Comfort Quotes – Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- Sarah – Scandal To Salvation – Scandalous Women In The Bible
- Healing From Alcoholism – Hope – Powerful Stories