The Importance Of Humility In Life | The Power In Being Humble.
In a world that brags, it takes strength to be humble. Most people think humility is weakness but that is not true. Humility is powerful because it requires one to push against their flesh and ego.
Battling the ego is not an easy feat and it is a war we have to wage everyday.
Humility is a very important attribute because it helps to keep us in check so that we don’t go overboard and fall. There is a common adage that pride goes before a fall. Well, humility helps to make sure, we don’t fall. Humility helps us to soar.
Humility brings rest and peace of mind. The world is always pushing us to do more and to be more. There is continuous pressure to acquire things and then show these things off in guise of increasing our self esteem and self worth in the eyes of the world. Well, a humble and gentle spirit helps us to avoid falling into this all common trap.
“Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 All of you, take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”Matthew 11:28-30
Jesus is the most powerful force to reckon with in the universe and yet he is also the most humble person in history.
Jesus is lord and master and yet he humbled himself and washed the feet of his disciples and servants to demonstrate to them the importance of being humble.
Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. – John 13:14 pic.twitter.com/ckBafvehkX— Salt and Light Summit (@SaltLightSummit) February 27, 2019
“Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet.”— Cybil Victoria (@SpokenSparks) March 18, 2019
John 13:14 NIV pic.twitter.com/6HTf0HHDLh
Today’s #VerseOfTheDay: “And since I, your #Lord and #Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet. I have given you an example to #follow. Do as I have done to you.” – #John 13:14-15 #NLT pic.twitter.com/FS79d9yMYb— Kyle Paul (@metsbookworm973) March 18, 2019
You Might Also Like:
- Righteous Rulings By Judge Amy Berman Jackson And Judge T.S Ellis In The Case Of Paul John Manafort
- Where Is Your Hope For Life Found – Hope In Jesus Christ
- Songs That Got Me Through The Year | 2018 – Praise And Worship
- Boldly And Gladly Boasting In The Hope Of Glory – Hope In Jesus Christ
- Finding Comfort While Mourning And Experiencing Grief And Loss In These Perilous Times
- Spiritual Benefits And Positive Effects Of A Good Fire That Is Holy And Righteous
- When Christ Died On The Cross, Our Hopes Began – Hope, Assurance And Comfort Quotes – Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- It Is The Season Of The Blessed Hope – Hope, Assurance And Comfort Quotes – Aiden Wilson Tozer
- How We Change Our World And Society For Better – Faith In Jesus Christ
- Be Of Good Courage – And He Shall Strengthen Your Heart – Hope Bible Verses