So The Poor Have Hope – Hope Bible Verses.
Biblical Job lost his children, his wealth and his health. And yet despite the cruel blows life dealt him, he held onto Hope for better. He trusted that his God and redeemer would rescue him. And God did indeed restore back to him all he had lost.
So what lessons can we learn from Job about Hope in the midst of despair, hopelessness, pain and suffering?
1. However difficult the situation, however tempting it maybe please don’t let go of your integrity. Integrity is a part of righteousness which is also a component of the full armor of God for spiritual warfare. Maintain your integrity because someday it will give you hope for better times.
Is not your reverence your confidence?
And the integrity of your ways your hope?
2. If you are poor. Whether spiritually, materially, emotionally or in any way, have Hope and assurance that the Lord God almighty will save you from your poverty and need if you maintain your trust in him.
15 But He saves the needy from the sword,
From the mouth of the mighty,
And from their hand.
16 So the poor have hope,
And injustice shuts her mouth.
3. If you put your trust in God and his promises you have cause to Hope because the Lord makes secure those who seek him for help and trust in him.
18 And you would be secure, because there is hope;
Yes, you would dig around you, and take your rest in safety.
19 You would also lie down, and no one would make you afraid;
Yes, many would court your favor.
4. If there is Hope for a Tree which can be easily cut down, there is Hope for you and whatever situation you are facing right now.
7 “For there is hope for a tree,
If it is cut down, that it will sprout again,
And that its tender shoots will not cease.
8 Though its root may grow old in the earth,
And its stump may die in the ground,
9 Yet at the scent of water it will bud
And bring forth branches like a plant.
5. If you find yourself questioning life and God like Job when life deals you a cruel hand, please put your Hope and trust in the Lord Jesus because he never fails and he will never fail anyone who comes to him for help.
11 “What strength do I have, that I should hope?
And what is my end, that I should prolong my life?
12 Is my strength the strength of stones?
Or is my flesh bronze?
13 Is my help not within me?
And is success driven from me?
14 “To him who is afflicted, kindness should be shown by his friend,