Quick Hacks You Can Use To Manage Suppression Of The Menses | Amenorrhea | With Natural Products At Home – The Vintage Woman.
Suppression Of The Menses — Amenorrhea
By suppression is meant a disappearance of the menses after they have become established, and may be either acute or chronic. It is caused by cold caught during the flow, by exposure to night air or by wetting the feet; fear, shocks, violent mental emotions, anxiety, fevers and other acute diseases.
Chronic suppression may be either a consequence of the acute, or caused by delicate health; also, from diseases of the ovaries or womb. It may also be occasioned by an imperforate hymen, in which case it must be cut open by a physician.
When the suppression is caused by some disease in the system, that disease must be cured before the menses will return. For sudden suppression, use the warm sitting-bath or foot bath. Apply cloths wet in warm water to the lower part of the abdomen, and drink freely of warm water.
If the suppression is chronic and the patient is delicate, in the interval between the menses use the shower or the full bath of cold or tepid water, rubbing the body briskly with a coarse towel, especially around the abdomen, loins, and genital organs. As soon as the discharge has ceased, a warm hip bath will generally bring it on. If there is much inflammation of the uterus give the following:
|Tincture aconite leaves||Two drams|
|Sweet spirits of nitre||One ounce|
|Simple syrup||Three ounces|
Dose: One teaspoonful every two or three hours.
If the discharge cannot be brought on, wait until the next period. A few days before the term the bowels should be freely opened and kept open until the period for the discharge has arrived. A pill of aloes and iron is one of the best that can be given.
Give from one to three pills daily. If there is no evident reason for the discharge not appearing, such as pregnancy, inflammation of the neck of the womb, and the woman is suffering from the suppression, use the following:
|Extract aconite||Eight grains|
|Sulphate of iron||Ten grains|
Make into forty pills. Dose: Two or three pills, taken night and morning.
The remedies should always be taken a few days before the period arrives for the menses. If the chronic suppression is the result of any acute disease, the health must first be re-established, otherwise it would be wrong to force the menses. When this has been done, immediately before the return of the period a warm hip bath should be taken every night for six nights, and one of the following pills taken three times a day:
|Fresh powdered ergot of rye||Fifty grains|
|Barbadoes aloes||Twelve grains|
|Essential oil of juniper||Twelve drops|
Make into twelve pills with syrup or mucilage, washing down each pill with a cupful of pennyroyal tea.
Excerpt From The Ladies Book Of Useful Information.
You Might Also Like:
- Quick Hacks You Can Use To Get Elegant, Beautiful, Healthy Hair With Natural Products At Home – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Tips On How To Make Your Hands And Elbows Soft, Beautiful And White With Natural Homemade Product Recipes – The Vintage Woman
- For A Happy And Successful Marriage That Will Last And Survive The Storms Of Life You Need This – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Products You Can Use Naturally At Home To Get White, Healthy | Teeth, Gums, Dental Cavities – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Tips On Different Types Of Homemade Powders And Their Uses – The Vintage Woman
- Easy Homemade Products For Beautiful, Gorgeous And Awesome | Mouth And Lips – The Vintage Woman
- How To Preserve, Regenerate And Strengthen Weak Hair Roots Naturally At Home – The Vintage Woman
- How To Get Light, Golden, Blond Hair Naturally At Home – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Tips On How To Have Brilliant, Beautiful And Bright Eyes – The Vintage Woman
- Hair | Its Structure, Function, Growth, Beauty, Management – The Vintage Woman