Quick Hacks You Can Use To Manage Profuse Menstruation | Menorrhagia | With Natural Products At Home – The Vintage Woman.
Profuse menstruation — Menorrhagia
By menorrhagia we understand an immoderate flow of the menses. There is no fixed amount of blood which is lost at the menstrual period, but it varies in different women. It will average, however, from four to eight ounces. The quantity discharged may be estimated by the number of napkins used.
Each napkin will contain about half an ounce, or one tablespoonful, so that eight napkins would contain four ounces; twenty, ten ounces; etc. In some females the discharge may be excessive without impairment of the general health.
Some females are predisposed to uterine hemorrhages, from a relaxed or flabby state of the texture of the uterus. Frequent childbearing, abortion, high living, too prolonged and frequent suckling, may induce flooding. Among the exciting causes we may mention overexertion, dancing, falls, lifting heavy weights, cold, and mental excitement.
The patient must lie down on a hard bed, and abstain from all stimulating food and drinks. The room should be cool and she should be lightly covered with bedclothes. Soak the feet in warm water, and if the flowing is excessive apply cloths wrung out in vinegar and water to the lower bowels.
The hips must be elevated higher than the head. Only in extreme cases should plugging be resorted to. This may be done by pieces of linen, about four inches square, thrust into the vagina until it is full, and a bandage applied between the legs. Cold hip baths and vaginal injections of cold water will be beneficial when the hemorrhage is slight.
|Use also the following:|
|Diluted sulphuric acid||Two drams|
|Syrup of orange peel||Two ounces|
|Cinnamon water||One ounce|
Mix. Dose: A teaspoonful in a wineglassful of water two or three times a day.
If there is much pain administer the following every two or three hours:
Mix. Give in blackberry syrup.
Excerpt From The Ladies Book Of Useful Information.
You Might Also Like:
- Easy Tips For Improving Skin Complexion At Home – The Vintage Woman
- The Skin – It’s Beauty, Uses, Construction And Management – The Vintage Woman
- Easy Homemade Washes And Cleansers For Different Facial Skin Conditions – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Homemade Product Recipes To Bleach And Purify The Skin Of The Face And Neck – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Homemade Product Recipes To Cure And Prevent Wrinkles – The Vintage Woman
- Hair | Its Structure, Function, Growth, Beauty, Management – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Tips On How To Have Brilliant, Beautiful And Bright Eyes – The Vintage Woman
- How To Get Light, Golden, Blond Hair Naturally At Home – The Vintage Woman
- How To Preserve, Regenerate And Strengthen Weak Hair Roots Naturally At Home – The Vintage Woman
- Easy Homemade Products For Beautiful, Gorgeous And Awesome | Mouth And Lips – The Vintage Woman