Quick Hacks You Can Use To Manage Delayed And Obstructed Menstruation | With Natural Products At Home – The Vintage Woman.
Delayed And Obstructed Menstruation
When the menses do not appear at the time when they may naturally be expected, we call it delayed or obstructed menstruation. It is, however, of great importance to know whether a girl is sufficiently developed to make it necessary for the menses to appear, although she may have reached the proper age.
As long as the girl has not increased physically, if she has not become wider across the hips, if her breasts have not become enlarged, and if she experience none of the changes incident to this period, an effort to force nature is positively injurious.
In this case a general treatment will be called for. She should be required to exercise freely in the open air, retire early to bed and rise at an early hour in the morning. She should not be allowed to be closely confined to school, if attending.
Her diet should be generous but free from all rich food, which will disorder the stomach. If, however, she is fully developed, and she suffers from time to time from congestions of the head, breast or abdomen, it will be necessary to interfere.
The following are symptoms which will generally be found in these cases: Headache, weight, fullness, and throbbing in the center of the cranium and in the back part of the head; pains in the back and loins; cold feet and hands, becoming sometimes very hot; skin harsh and dry; slow pulse, and not infrequently attended with epilepsy.
It is well for the patient, a few days before the period, to take a warm hip bath or foot bath twice a day, and at night, when retiring, to apply cloths wet in warm water to the lower part of the abdomen.
The bowels should be kept open by some mild catharsis, as castor oil or a pill of aloes. If there is pain and fullness of the head during the discharge, or before it, use the following:
|Tincture of aconite leaves||Two drams|
|Tincture of belladonna||One dram|
|Tincture of cantharides||One dram|
|Simple syrup||Quarter ounce|
Mix. Dose: One teaspoonful three times a day. If the pain is severe it may be taken every two hours.
Between the monthly periods, if the system is weak, the following may be taken:
|Precip. carbonate of iron||Five drams|
|Extract of conium||Two drams|
|Balsam Peru||One dram|
|Oil wintergreen||Twenty drops|
|Simple syrup||Eight ounces|
Dose: Two teaspoonfuls three times a day. Shake the mixture before using.
Excerpt From The Ladies Book Of Useful Information.
You Might Also Like:
- The Skin – It’s Beauty, Uses, Construction And Management – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Tips On How To Make Your Hands And Elbows Soft, Beautiful And White With Natural Homemade Product Recipes – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Tips On How To Have Brilliant, Beautiful And Bright Eyes – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Tips On Different Types Of Homemade Powders And Their Uses – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Products You Can Use Naturally At Home To Get White, Healthy | Teeth, Gums, Dental Cavities – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Homemade Product Recipes To Cure And Prevent Wrinkles – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Homemade Product Recipes To Bleach And Purify The Skin Of The Face And Neck – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Hacks You Can Use To Get Elegant, Beautiful, Healthy Hair With Natural Products At Home – The Vintage Woman
- How To Preserve, Regenerate And Strengthen Weak Hair Roots Naturally At Home – The Vintage Woman
- How To Get Light, Golden, Blond Hair Naturally At Home – The Vintage Woman