Marriage Is Honorable Among All – Marriage Bible Verses.
“Furthermore it has been said, Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.
Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.
1 Corinthians 7:10-11
Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage;
Should we again break Your commandments, and join in marriage with the people committing these abominations? Would You not be angry with us until You had consumed us, so that there would be no remnant or survivor?
Jehoshaphat had riches and honor in abundance; and by marriage he allied himself with Ahab.
2 Chronicles 18:1
Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
If he takes another wife, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, and her marriage rights. 11 And if he does not do these three for her, then she shall go out free, without paying money.
Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” 8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
I say to the unmarried and to widows: It is good for them if they remain as I am. 9 But if they do not have self-control, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with desire.
1 Corinthians 7:8-9
This is what the Lord commands concerning the daughters of Zelophehad, saying, ‘Let them marry whom they think best, but they may marry only within the family of their father’s tribe.’
The fire consumed their young men,
And their maidens were not given in marriage.
64 Their priests fell by the sword,
And their widows made no lamentation.
If the priest’s daughter is married to an outsider, she may not eat of the holy offerings. 13 But if the priest’s daughter is a widow or divorced, and has no child, and has returned to her father’s house as in her youth, she may eat her father’s food; but no outsider shall eat it.
“If a man marries a woman, but she becomes displeasing to him because he finds something improper about her, he may write her a divorce certificate, hand it to her, and send her away from his house.
I rebuked them, cursed them, beat some of their men, and pulled out their hair. I forced them to take an oath before God and said: “You must not give your daughters in marriage to their sons or take their daughters as wives for your sons or yourselves!
You Might Also Like:
- Why You Should Give Up On Your Marriage | The Strange Thing That Happened The Day I Decided To Give Up On My Marriage
- For As A Young Man Marries A Virgin, So Shall Your Sons Marry You – Marriage Bible Verses
- Marriage Is Honorable Among All – Marriage Bible Verses
- Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Love, Flirtation, Marriage, Monogamy And Affection – The Vintage Woman
- I Want Younger Women To Marry – Marriage Bible Verses
- Sex Makes Marriage Better | Spicing Up Marital Intimacy And Sexual Intercourse – The Vintage Woman
- What Makes A Happy And Healthy Marriage – The Vintage Woman
- Questions And Answers About Improving Your Marriage And Relationship With Your Husband
- Common Wedding And Marriage Traditions And Customs From Various Cultures In History – The Vintage Woman
- What You Need To Know About Cohabitation And Marriage From Various Cultures And Times In History – The Vintage Woman