Is Using Perfume Okay For Christians – Frankincense – Trendy, Fashionable, Stylish Designs For Godly Christians.
Frankincense is obtained from the bark of the Boswellia tree which has about 20 different species. After extraction, Frankincense is used as a perfume and when it is burned, it produces the fragrance of incense. Its quality is based on color, age, purity, shape, aroma.
Some uses of Frankincense include but are not limited to:
- Frankincense is an antiseptic, an astringent and disinfectant that has antimicrobial effects.
- Frankincense helps to improve memory and learning.
- Frankincense has be known to help reduce stress, and provide a calming meditative effect.
- Frankincense helps to strengthen skin and improve its tone and elasticity. It thus has anti-aging abilities.
- Frankincense’s calming scent is a natural sleeping aid.
- Frankincense helps in digestion and producing healthy bowel movements.
- Frankincense helps to boost immune function and it helps to prevent diseases.
- Frankincense helps to balance hormonal changes especially during menstruation and pre-menstrual symptoms.
- Frankincense helps in repair of wounds, cuts and blemishes.
- Frankincense helps to decrease pain and inflammation.
The Bible makes reference about the various ways that Frankincense is used:
As a fragrant scent and perfume:
What is this coming up from the wilderness like columns of smoke, scented with myrrh and frankincense
from every fragrant powder of the merchant? 7 It is Solomon’s royal litter surrounded by 60 warriors from the mighty of Israel.
Song of Songs 3:6-7
As gifts of adoration to the Lord, Jesus Christ:
Entering the house, they saw the child with Mary His mother, and falling to their knees, they worshiped Him. Then they opened their treasures and presented Him with gifts: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
As article for romance and showing love:
Before the day breaks and the shadows flee, I will make my way to the mountain of myrrh and the hill of frankincense. 7 You are absolutely beautiful, my darling, with no imperfection in you.
Song of Songs 4:6-7
My sister, my bride, you are a locked garden — a locked garden and a sealed spring. 13 Your branches are a paradise of pomegranates with choicest fruits, henna with nard — 14 nard and saffron, calamus and cinnamon,
with all the trees of frankincense, myrrh and aloes, with all the best spices.
Song of Songs 4:12-14
When offering grain offerings to the Lord:
“When anyone presents a grain offering as a gift to the Lord, his gift must consist of fine flour. He is to pour olive oil on it, put frankincense on it.”
As an avenue for praising and worshipping God:
Caravans of camels will cover your land — young camels of Midian and Ephah — all of them will come from Sheba. They will carry gold and frankincense and proclaim the praises of the Lord.
As a fire offering to the Lord:
The priest will then burn some of its crushed kernels and oil with all its frankincense as a fire offering to the Lord.
You Might Also Like:
Also published on Medium.