Everyone Matters – Let’s Not Allow Feminism To Tell Us Otherwise.
In the past, when I read an article or post about a woman who had achieved so much in the face of all the sexism going on I would get excited.
Often following these posts, were comments, mostly written by other women cheering. Lauding tremendous success. Explaining how brave she was for standing up against men and rising above the odds.
I would get excited that a woman was able to beat the men who had oppressed us for so long. As a woman it often made me feel validated. In fact at some point (a very short time) I considered my self a feminist.
But that is the past.
These days however, I don’t allow myself to fall into these kind of temptations! These days, I remember who I’m first.
And by who I’m, I don’t mean my gender, my race, my size, my heart, my physical attributes etc.
I mean who I belong to.
I belong to Jesus.
This knowledge and self awareness has also helped to change the lens through which I see other human beings. It makes me realize that every human being matters. Women matter. But men matter too.
The world is already filled with enough suffering and pain. We should therefore learn to celebrate every success. However we should celebrate people, not based on their gender, sex or other attributes but simply because they are a human being.
If a certain country gets a woman elected to be president, the feminists shouldn’t celebrate it as a win for women only.
It’s a win for everyone. Because she has gone into the presidency to work for every citizen in the country. She is not only working for the women. She is working for everyone.
In this world: Everyone deserves to be loved. Everyone deserves to win. Everyone deserves to be celebrated. Everyone deserves to be believed in. Everyone needs love, faith and hope.
I can only pray that we shall start seeing the world this way and remembering that everyone matters.
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”Romans 10:12-13
For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.Galatians 3:26-29
You Might Also Like:
- This Ingredient Will Spice Up Your Relationships
- What Is Stopping You From Receiving And Giving Love
- How To Become A Better Husband – Blog Of The Day
- Are You A Good Father – Signs Of A Good Father – Unlearning And Relearning
- I’m Here Just Incase – Poem
- Questions And Answers About Love
- Your Love Should Be Zealous And Passionate – Exploring Love In The New Age
- Is Lying To Those We Cherish Part Of Love – Exploring Love In The New Age
- Home Is Not Where The Heart Is Found – Home Is Not A Place, Home Is Not A Soul, Home Is A Spirit
- Here Is Where Broken Hearts Go – Hearts That Don’t Break – Exploring Love In The New Age