A Test For Detection Of Pregnancy | Management At Home | Natural Products | Old Fashioned Information | The Vintage Woman
A Test For Detection Of Pregnancy
M. Nauche has found that the urine of pregnant women contains a particular substance, which, when the urine is allowed to stand separates and forms a pellicle on the surface.
M. Enguiser, from an extensive series of observations, has confirmed the fact, and ascertained that kisteine, as this particular substance has been called, is constantly formed on the surface of the urine of women in a state of pregnancy.
The urine must be allowed to stand for from two to six days, when minute opaque bodies are observed to rise from the bottom to the surface of the fluid, where they gradually unite and form a continuous layer over the surface. This layer is so consistent that it may be almost lifted off by raising it by one of its edges.
This is the kisteine. It is whitish, opalescent, slightly granular, and can be compared to nothing better than the fatty substance which floats on the surface of soups after they have been allowed to cool.
When examined by the microscope, it has the aspect of a gelatinous mass without determinate form; sometimes cubical shaped crystals are discovered on it, but this appearance is only observed when it has stood a long time, and is to be regarded as foreign to it.
The kisteine remains on the surface for several days; the urine then becomes turbid, and small opaque masses become detached from the kisteine and fall to the bottom of the fluid and the pellicle soon becomes destroyed.
The essential character of the urine of pregnancy, then, is the presence of the kisteine; and the characters of the pellicle are so peculiar that it is impossible to mistake it for anything else.
A pellicle sometimes forms on the surface of the urine of patients laboring under phthisis, abscess, or disease of the bladder, but may be easily distinguished by this circumstance, that it does not form in such a short time as the kisteine, and that in place of disappearing, as this last, in a few days, it increases in thickness and at last is converted into a mass of moldiness.
There exists, likewise, a very marked difference between its mucous aspect and that of kisteine; a difference which is difficult to describe, but which is easily recognized. Kisteine appears to exist in the urine from the first month of pregnancy till delivery. It has even been recognized in the urine of a few gravid animals.
Excerpt From The Ladies Book Of Useful Information.
You Might Also Like:
- Quick Hacks You Can Use To Manage Menstruation | With Natural Products At Home – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Hacks You Can Use To Manage Delayed And Obstructed Menstruation | With Natural Products At Home – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Hacks You Can Use To Manage Menopause | Cessation Of Menses | Change Of Life | With Natural Products At Home – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Hacks You Can Use To Manage Suppression Of The Menses | Amenorrhea | With Natural Products At Home – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Hacks You Can Use To Manage Profuse Menstruation | Menorrhagia | With Natural Products At Home – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Hacks You Can Use To Manage Painful Menstruation | Menstrual Colic | Dysmenorrhea | With Natural Products At Home – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Hacks You Can Use To Get Elegant, Beautiful, Healthy Hair With Natural Products At Home – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Tips On How To Make Your Hands And Elbows Soft, Beautiful And White With Natural Homemade Product Recipes – The Vintage Woman
- For A Happy And Successful Marriage That Will Last And Survive The Storms Of Life You Need This – The Vintage Woman
- Quick Products You Can Use Naturally At Home To Get White, Healthy | Teeth, Gums, Dental Cavities – The Vintage Woman