We found these totally awesome bible verses on love from the new testament and we thought we should share them with you.
1 John 4:19-21
- We love because he first loved us.
- Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.
- And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.
1 John 3:16
- This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.
1 John 3:17-19
- If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?
- Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.
1 Peter 4:7-10
- The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.
- Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
- Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
- Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
1 Peter 3:8-10
- Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.
- Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
- 0 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.
- We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized.
- We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.
1 Timothy 1:5
- The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
- Thessalonians 3:4-5
- We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command.
- May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.
- Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
- Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
- And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
- Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.
- Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
10 Bible verses on love from the New Testament has been illustrated on a cool infographic you can share.
*** John ***
Also published on Medium.