We found these totally awesome bible verses on love from the new testament and we thought we should share them with you.
We love because he first loved us.
Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.
And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.
1 John 4:19-21
If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?
Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.
1 John 3:17-19
The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.
- Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
- Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
- Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
1 Peter 4:7-10
Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.
Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
1 Peter 3:8-10
0 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.
- We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized.
- We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.
We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command.
May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
- Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
- And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.
- Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
Also published on Medium.