- Are you seeking comfort?
- Are you facing an uncertain future?
- Are you filled with anguish and despair?
- Are you scared about what tomorrow holds?
- Are you going through troubled times?
- Are you worried of tough circumstances?
- Is adversity knocking at your door?
- Is life difficult?
- Is calamity calling your name?
- Is your situation unbearable?
- Is grief filling your soul?
- Is chaos surrounding you?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, I'm writing to let you know that:
- Jesus can give you the comfort you desperately seek.
- Jesus is in control of the future.
- Jesus is steadfast and sure anchor of Hope.
- Jesus holds tomorrow in his hands.
- Jesus went through troubled times and he conquered so he can help you conquer.
- Jesus has the ability to take our worries away if we allow him to.
- Send Jesus to the door when adversity knocks.
- Give Jesus your life filled with difficulties and watch him give you a new life.
- Call the name of Jesus when calamity calls your name.
- Take your unbearable situation to Jesus and he will make it better.
- Ask Jesus to turn the broken pieces of your grief filled soul into wholeness.
- Request Jesus to cover you with his precious blood and a wall of fire filled with his presence so that the chaos around doesn't touch you.
I have listed a number of verses from the Bible that you can read and mediate on.
As you fill your mind, soul, heart and spirit with God's word, you will feel the comfort only Jesus can provide.
The word of God is very powerful and it's able to break down any uncertainties, troubles, difficulties and adversities.
1 “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
3 To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”
Isaiah 61:1-3 (NKJV)
49 Remember the word to Your servant,
Upon which You have caused me to hope.
50 This is my comfort in my affliction,
For Your word has given me life.
Psalms 119:49-50 (NKJV)
13 “Then shall the virgin rejoice in the dance,
And the young men and the old, together;
For I will turn their mourning to joy,
Will comfort them,
And make them rejoice rather than sorrow.
14 I will satiate the soul of the priests with abundance,
And My people shall be satisfied with My goodness, says the Lord.”
Jeremiah 31:13-14 (NKJV)
20 You, who have shown me great and severe troubles,
Shall revive me again,
And bring me up again from the depths of the earth.
21 You shall increase my greatness,
And comfort me on every side.
22 Also with the lute I will praise You—
And Your faithfulness, O my God!
To You I will sing with the harp,
O Holy One of Israel.
Psalms 71:20-22 (NKJV)
3 For the Lord will comfort Zion,
He will comfort all her waste places;
He will make her wilderness like Eden,
And her desert like the garden of the Lord;
Joy and gladness will be found in it,
Thanksgiving and the voice of melody.
Isaiah 51:3 (NKJV)
75 I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are right,
And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.
76 Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort,
According to Your word to Your servant.
77 Let Your tender mercies come to me, that I may live;
For Your law is my delight.
Psalms 119:75-77 (NKJV)
16 ‘Therefore thus says the Lord:
“I am returning to Jerusalem with mercy;
My house shall be built in it,” says the Lord of hosts,
“And a surveyor's line shall be stretched out over Jerusalem.” ’
17 “Again proclaim, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts:
“My cities shall again spread out through prosperity;
The Lord will again comfort Zion,
And will again choose Jerusalem.”
Zechariah 1:16-17 (NKJV)
13 As one whom his mother comforts,
So I will comfort you;
And you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.”
Isaiah 66:13 (NKJV)
14 “Therefore, behold, I will allure her,
Will bring her into the wilderness,
And speak comfort to her.
15 I will give her her vineyards from there,
And the Valley of Achor as a door of hope;
She shall sing there,
As in the days of her youth,
As in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt.
16 “And it shall be, in that day,”
Says the Lord,
“That you will call Me ‘My Husband,’
And no longer call Me ‘My Master,’
Hosea 2:14-16 (NKJV)
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.
Psalms 23:4-6 (NKJV)
Also published on Medium.